Men’s Health Week 2023 is coming up this June and the theme for Ireland this year is ‘The Picture of Health’ and the call to men (and those who support the health of men) will be what does that look like to you?
This initiative runs each June, in the week leading up to Father’s Day and then concludes on Father’s Day (18th June) itself.
All too often we set ourselves unrealistic or impractical targets. During MHW 2023, everyone will be asked to make new choices and to realise that where there’s a will, there’s a way. MHW gives everyone (health professionals, service providers, sporting bodies, community groups, employers, policy makers, the media, churches, individuals …) an opportunity to encourage men and boys to take better care of their health and to seek help or treatment at an early stage.
By implementing simple and consistent habits, men can ensure they are taking proactive steps to maintain their overall well-being.
Oral Health Tips
- Brush twice a day: Regular brushing with a fluoride toothpaste for at least two minutes helps prevent cavities, gum disease and bad breath.
- Floss daily: Cleaning between your teeth using dental floss or inter-dental brushes removes plaque and debris, reducing the risk of gum disease.
- Limit sugary and acidic foods: Excessive sugar and acidic foods can erode tooth enamel. Opt for healthier snacks and drink plenty of water.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Schedule routine dental check-ups every six months to catch any potential issues early and maintain optimal oral health.
General Health Tips
- Balanced diet: Incorporate a variety of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, and healthy fats into your diet for proper nutrition.
- Regular exercise: Engage in physical activity for at least 150 minutes per week to boost cardiovascular health, strengthen muscles, and improve mental well-being.
- Manage stress: Find healthy outlets to manage stress, such as meditation, hobbies, or spending time with loved ones.
- Get enough sleep: Aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep each night to support overall health, cognitive function, and immune system strength.
Dental Insurance from the Dental Experts
Protect your smile today with great value Dental Insurance.
All of our plans are based on our Healthy Smiles approach, which promotes regular and sustained preventive care by providing 100% cover for examinations, cleanings, and x-rays.
Our Level 2 Healthy Smiles plans have additional cover with 70% cover for fillings, extractions and treatment of gum disease.
Our Level 3 Healthy Smiles plans have additional cover with 60% cover for root canals, crowns, veneers and more.
Our Level 4 Healthy Smiles plan has cover for orthodontic treatment, subject to terms and conditions.