DeCare Dental Insurance Ireland (DDII) is Ireland’s only dedicated dental insurance provider, providing dental cover to individuals, families and corporate groups throughout Ireland.
DeCare has been established in Ireland for over 10 years and employs over 250 people in Mayo, Dublin and Cork. All claims are processed through the company’s headquarters in Claremorris, Co. Mayo, with every member receiving dedicated local support. DeCare Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Anthem Inc. the largest health benefits provider in the U.S.
DDII has partnered with the Insurance Institute of Ireland/SOLAS Insurance Apprenticeship Programme seeking an Apprentice to work at our HQ in Co. Mayo on the Earn and Learn programme.
The ‘3’ year programme will allow you enter the varied, exciting world of Insurance, while gaining a qualification via Sligo IT to help progress your career. The programme is a comprehensive training programme blending in-house on the job training with a dedicated mentor and a BA Degree course with the Insurance Institute and Sligo IT. The programme will position you at the starting point for a career and upon completion meeting standards will give you the designation of “Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship)”, awarded by IT Sligo under the QQI.
The company offers an attractive benefit plan, which includes paid full-time apprenticeship, medical and dental coverage, pension scheme, death-in-service benefit, workplace wellbeing initiatives and an active sports & social club.
- Commit to a three year apprenticeship contract.
- Have a keen interest in investing time and effort to study for the professional qualification, while learning in a real insurance environment on a full-time basis.
- To have the capacity to learn and the aptitude to want to learn, with a desire to perform are vital.
- Take ownership and accountability of all actions and responsibilities.
- Ability to embrace learning opportunities and take action to improve performance on the job.
- Co-operate with your mentor and/or other appointed colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and contribute to team performance.
- Support corporate values.
REQUIRED ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Visit: http://www.iii.ie/upload/careers/Entry-Requirements.pdf
- The apprentice must be at least 18 years of age.
- For those under 23 years of age must have a minimum of 2 leaving cert honors, and ‘4’ additional passes including Mathematics, English or Irish.
- For students who are over 23 on January 1st of the year of entry, interviews and other selection tools will be used to assess suitability, replacing the minimum requirements above.
- Learners who have a full FETAC level 5 qualification will also be eligible to apply for the programme.
If this opportunity excites you please send a cover letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about us & for social media links visit www.decare.ie