Easter chocolate doesn’t have to ruin your smile! Enjoy your treats and practice good oral hygiene to protect your teeth with these great dental tips.
Our Dental Experts are back with these top tips to enjoy your Easter weekend but also being mindful of our oral hygiene.
- Brush twice a day for two minutes with a fluoride toothpaste (1450ppm).
- Get creative and make Easter baskets filled with toys and colouring. You don’t have to give a gift of just chocolate! Children will love them and their teeth will thank you for it.
- Eat Easter chocolates and sugary sweets/foods with meals or shortly after mealtimes. Saliva production increases during meals and helps cancel out acids produced by bacteria in your mouth and helps rinse away food particles.
- Avoid harder sweets [sometimes found inside the eggs] as they tend to stay in your mouth for a long time. Avoid sticky sweets that cling to your teeth. Besides how often you snack, the length of time sugary food is in your mouth, plays a role in tooth decay. Hard sweets can also lead to dental trauma and should be avoided.
- Visit the dentist regularly at least once a year for a check up.
Happy Easter from all at DeCare.
Dental Insurance from the Dental Experts
Protect your smile today with great value Dental Insurance.
All of our plans are based on our Healthy Smiles approach, which promotes regular and sustained preventive care by providing 100% cover for examinations, cleanings, and x-rays.
Our Level 2 Healthy Smiles plans have additional cover with 70% cover for fillings, extractions and treatment of gum disease.
Our Level 3 Healthy Smiles plans have additional cover with 60% cover for root canals, crowns, veneers and more.
Our Level 4 Healthy Smiles plan has cover for orthodontic treatment, subject to terms and conditions.